Ownership of the Guardian Llodio flat glass factory, with more than eighty years of history, will change again in the coming weeks.
The Guardian plant in Llodio (previously Vidrierias de Llodio, founded by the Delclaux family in 1934 and part of the North American multinational Guardian Industries since 1985) has inaugurated an electrofilter unit, with an investment of 5.6 million euros, in compliance with environmental legislation. Annual maintenance of the facility has an additional cost of one million euros.
In the first quarter of the year, one of the largest industrial groups in the United States, Koch, which already holds 44% of the company stock, will take total ownership of the plant, which is in Alava province. The Guardian Group has 10 plants in Europe, two of which are in Spain: one in Llodio and the other in Tudela.
The factory in Alava produces almost 150,000 tonnes of glass per year at its facilities for two specific sectors: automotive and architecture, and is one of the Group’s most important plants in Europe, after Luxembourg.